Statement of Commitment
Anglican Schools and Education & Care Services are committed to providing environments where children and young people receive the highest standard of care, where their rights are supported, and they have opportunity to thrive and be fruitful. Such environments nurture and safeguard the intelligence, dignity, safety and wellbeing of each child or young person, by placing them at the center of thought, values and actions.
As reflected in our Ethos, our vocation is education, driven by a vision of humanity, shaped by the image of God made visible in Jesus, present in every human being.
- Every child: made in the image and likeness of God.
- Every child: loveable and loved, unique and unrepeatable.
- Outstanding education for the flourishing of people and the good of community.
Our faith is lived. We are hospitable and welcoming communities, who embody compassion, kindness, fairness, justice and love, and where exceptional pastoral care is practiced. Working and serving the best interests of children and young people is in everyone’s best interest. This is achieved through sustaining living and learning environments that are safe, supportive and stimulating.
- place emphasis on genuine engagement with children and young people;
- create conditions that reduce the likelihood of harm to children and young people;
- create conditions that increase the likelihood of identifying harm where it exists; and
- respond swiftly and appropriately to any concerns, disclosures, allegations or suspicions.
This commitment is sought to be consistently reflected through the decisions and behaviour of all persons within the School or Service, who are guided by effective governance, policies, tools and processes. This fosters a child safe culture, where acting in children and young people’s best interests is at the heart of what we do.
In support of this commitment, Fraser Coast Anglican College is dedicated to our Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy which includes having relevant policies, procedures and training in place to effectively address the safety and well-being of students in its care.
- Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy
- Student Protection in Anglican Schools Policy
- Student Protection in Anglican Schools Procedures
- Student Protection Officers
- Student Protection Information Resource Sheet
- Failure to Report and Protect Offences
- Child Protection – Information for Parents
- ECS child protection Policy
- Child Protection in Anglican ECS Procedures
- Early Childhood Service and Before and After School Care Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy
- Working With Children Policy
- Working With Children in Anglican Education Procedures
- National Apology Statement from Diocese of Brisbane 2018
- Fraser Flames Child and Youth Risk Management Strategy